Curriculum Intent & Vision
This page is under review – visit again during the Autumn Term 2019
The Curriculum intent across the St Teresa of Calcutta CAT aims to:
- Be a sacred experience, making Christ known, providing opportunities for students to develop as independent, confident, resilient, successful & motivated learners with high aspirations who know how to make a positive and transformational contribution to their community and wider global society.
- Be rooted in the principles of Catholic Social Teaching (inspired by the example of St Teresa of Calcutta), encouraging our students to grow in self-awareness, and be the living Logos, becoming advocates of social justice, adaptable to any social context.
- Develop communication skills necessary for learning and life, promoting enjoyment, high expectations and standards in reading, writing and maths across all subject areas.
- Be memorable: providing diverse, SMSC rich opportunities from which students learn and develop a range of transferable skills.
- Raise aspirations, engender a sense of personal pride in achievement, provide a purpose and relevance for learning and ultimately to help every student to find strengths and interests.
- Empower students to respect each other and themselves, show respect and understanding for people of all faiths, race and gender, and for all living things, promoting stewardship and ensuring children are well prepared for life in a rapidly changing world.